Announcing Temper Version 0.2.0 Release!

U

/u/NuclearMagpie

Guest
Heya people, here to announce version 0.2.0 of my minecraft server project Temper, because I'm sure no-one could possibly be sick of minecraft servers written in rust. And if you are, you should go block the devs of the other ones and only follow this one :)

For those that haven't heard about it before, this is a project to build a minecraft server in rust using bevy's ECS. It's still very much in development and isn't at a proper playable stage yet, but we are making good progress and I wanted to share. And before anyone asks, yes we are already listed on https://dayssincelastrustmcserver.com. The project doesn't use AI code (or at least I try not to let any slip by but kinda hard with community projects) and minimal decompiled Java to ensure we aren't filling the repo with slop or making the same mistakes as Mojang.

Made a lot of progress since the last release, including finally being on version 26.2 of minecraft, adding the JVM as a build requirement so we don't have to distribute several megabytes of JSON via git and finally doing item components so you don't get perma-banned from the server for holding a potion.

Also one of our slightly unhinged contributors spent months in what I have to assume was a psychotic break and implemented 1:1 vanilla terrain generation. because thats something sane people do. But they, I didn't have to do it so I'll chalk it up to a win.

Star the github, join the discord, check out the website, you know the drill.

submitted by /u/NuclearMagpie
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back