Are you willing to download a launcher for a single server?

U

/u/Im_Not_Lopsided_Oil

Guest
Let's say there's a server with really cool minigames. Would you be willing to download a separate launcher/mod just to play on it, or would you only play on regular servers that don't require anything besides, at most, automatically downloading a resource pack when you join?

Here's the problem: I'm developing my own minigame server, and there's a major limitation. Without a separate launcher (through which I could add client-side modifications), I can't do nearly as much as I'd like — custom keybinds, models, polished interactive menus, HUDs, and much more.

This limitation has basically killed more than 20 custom game modes that you could have played, and it has significantly slowed down development of the ones that are still possible.

So I'm curious what you think — would it actually be worth making a launcher?

There are examples of this approach, like Cristalix, but that's a huge server run by a YouTuber with millions of followers and a stable player base, while my server is literally an unknown project with basically no audience yet.

p.s: My English isn't very good, so I used ChatGPT for the translation, sorry.

submitted by /u/Im_Not_Lopsided_Oil
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back