kPanel - small web panel for running one server for you and your friends (Docker Compose, no database)

U

/u/kRUSER36

Guest
I run a Paper server for a handful of friends and i was always annoyed that managing settings was super manual and required to browser through the files.

What it does:

  • Dashboard: who's online, TPS, CPU/memory, world size, newest backup
  • Players: whitelist, op/deop, kick, ban/pardon, live over RCON, no restart
  • Gamerules: all 58, grouped and explained, applied immediately
  • Settings: every server.properties key with an explanation, restart from the panel
  • Logs: searchable, with the RCON polling noise filtered out
  • Scheduled backups and a file manager included

Setup is git clone and docker compose up -d. No .env needed to start. The panel is localhost-only by default. If you expose it to your LAN, it refuses to start without passwords.

It defaults to the newest Minecraft version with a stable Paper build. Fabric/Vanilla/Purpur should work through the itzg image but I haven't tested them yet, so reports are welcome.

Repo: https://github.com/kruser1337/kPanel

Project is fresh and I'm running it on my own server daily. "This was confusing" feedback is the is very welcome as that will help me to improve the project together with you.

I've built this with AI assistance. It's not my first app but the first one I'm releasing publicly. I know that "vibe-coded" apps are often seen as slop but I'm confident that this solves a real-world problem :)

submitted by /u/kRUSER36
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back