U
/u/nsiegward
Guest
Hello Lads and Ladies. I'm fairly new to networking, but I believe I've learned enough of the basics now to feel confident enough to host fulltime.
- grabbed micro PC
- have it vlan'd from my home network
- learned docker engine
My current plans are to host private valheim/minecraft servers for people I know (6 players max). However, at some point I want to add teamspeak and other services to people I may trust less. My question: what methods are preferred for best security practices at this point? I'd like to keep my public IP masked with minimal added latency. I'm not interested in solutions that require clients to install something (eg: tailscale).
Seems like TCPShield and Cloudflare Spectrum are suggested frequently.
Thanks!
submitted by /u/nsiegward
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...
- grabbed micro PC
- have it vlan'd from my home network
- learned docker engine
My current plans are to host private valheim/minecraft servers for people I know (6 players max). However, at some point I want to add teamspeak and other services to people I may trust less. My question: what methods are preferred for best security practices at this point? I'd like to keep my public IP masked with minimal added latency. I'm not interested in solutions that require clients to install something (eg: tailscale).
Seems like TCPShield and Cloudflare Spectrum are suggested frequently.
Thanks!
submitted by /u/nsiegward
[link] [comments]
Continue reading...