Server network with vanilla and modded server +Lobby (26.3 Fabric)

U

/u/MuffinsSenpai

Guest
Hi, I have 2 servers you go through a lobby server to join. One is vanilla, one is modded with client-required mods. Both are joinable from a lobby server, and are fabric 26.3. Planning on going live with them towards the end of this month.

The issue I'm running into is that people who have the modpack installed for the modded server are unable to join the vanilla one because it's looking for the mod data on the server when connecting, which results in a network protocol error.

As I expect a lot of people to play on both regularly, I would prefer to not have them run multiple instances to switch back and forth, and would like for them to change servers as fluidly as possible from the lobby.

Switching the Vanilla server and Lobby off of fabric is something I'm willing to do if it will help.

The offending mods are:

Biomes O'Plenty
Alex's Mobs Continued
Coins JE

Here are the client error logs as I've disabled mods until I can connect:

https://mclo.gs/oB4o8UM

https://mclo.gs/trjwo1D

https://mclo.gs/1LJu2fu

There has to be some way to do this. I feel like disabling a check from the client or server can't be an impossible task.

submitted by /u/MuffinsSenpai
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...
 
Back